CareerSource Okaloosa Walton Summer Youth Work Experience program offers 14-18 year-old high school students the opportunity to learn critical job skills needed to participate in the workforce.
The 3-week training program will prepare youth participants with the following soft skills using a modern approach:
- Explore careers of interest
- Create a resume
- Complete a job application
- Interview for a job
- The importance of arriving on time at work
- How to communicate with supervisors using technology (Phone/Email)
- How to respond to emails
- Work etiquette
- and more!
How can my business make an impact and participate in this program?
If interested in preparing the workforce of the future, employers will need to sign a Work Experience Agreement to provide hands-on experience during the weeks of Jun 17th - 20th and Jun 24th - 27th. Employers will also agree to provide a brief job description of the position the Youth participant will perform during the 2-week training period.
- Work Experience Agreement
- Job Description
- Authorized Signature Page