CareerSource Okaloosa Walton offers training grants to help local businesses of all sizes compete and grow by covering a matching portion of training expenses.
State Training Grants
Incumbent Worker Training (IWT)
Incumbent Worker Training (IWT) grant offers partial reimbursement to established for-profit businesses for expenses related to skills upgrade training of existing full-time employees. This business-driven grant program is flexible to meet training objectives. Public, private or in-house training providers may be used based on the type of training.
Quick Response Training
FloridaFlex, administered by CareerSource Florida, offers partial reimbursement to relocating or expanding businesses for expenses related to training new or existing employees after jobs have been created or retained and the training has occurred.
Local Training Grants
On-the-Job Training (OJT)
This program provides an incentive for businesses to hire eligible participants who may not have the experience required for open positions. By hiring an employee in a training capacity, the business can be reimbursed for up to 50% of that employee's salary for a specific period of time.
Employed Worker Training (EWT)/Incumbent Worker Training (IWT) Program
This business-driven grant program is flexible to meet training objectives of local businesses. It provides up to 50% reimbursement for training expenses related to skills upgrade of existing full-time employees.
Type of Eligible Training:
- Occupational skills training designed to meet the needs of a business or industry
- Professional Development (i.e. Leadership training)
- Training in strategies to improve the efficiency of the business operations
- Technical/hard skills training such as computer software training
To learn more about the State or Local Training Funding Opportunities, please contact Gabriela Leysath, Business Services Coordinator, at email@example.com
- Employed Worker (EWT) /Incumbent Worker Training (IWT) Customized Training Guidelines
- Employed Worker (EWT)/Incumbent Worker Training (IWT) Pre-Award Survey
- Employed Worker (EWT)/Incumbent Worker Training (IWT) Employer Application for Funding 2017-18 PY
- CSOW 2017-18 Regional Demand Occupations List (RDOL)