CareerSource Okaloosa Walton can help your business apply to the following State and Federal programs.
Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC)
The Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) is a federal income tax credit that provides incentives to private for-profit employers to encourage the hiring of individuals from certain targeted groups of jobseekers who traditionally have difficulty finding employment.
WOTC Targeted Groups
- Qualified Temporary Assistance to Needy Families Recipients
- Qualified Veterans/Disabled Veterans
- Qualified Unemployed Veterans
- Qualified Ex-offenders
- Qualified Designated Community Residents (residing in an Empowerment Zone)
- Qualified Vocational Rehabilitation Referrals
- Qualified Summer Youth (residing in an Employment Zone)
- Qualified Food Stamp Recipients
- Qualified Supplemental Security Income Recipients
- Qualified Long-term Family Assistance Recipients
Federal Bonding Program
The Federal Bonding Program is an incentive program that allows employers to hire at-risk job applicants with limited liability. A Federal Fidelity Bond is a business insurance policy that insures the employer for theft, forgery, larceny or embezzlement by the bonded employee.
At-risk job applicants are:
- Recovering substance abusers (alcohol or drugs)
- Welfare recipients and other persons having poor financial credit, or who have declared bankruptcy
- Economically disadvantaged youth and adults who lack a work history
- Individuals dishonorably discharged from the military
- Anyone who cannot secure employment without bonding services