The DoD SkillBridge - Internship allows Active Duty Service Members who are within 180 days of separation to accept internships with a company in their desired industry and/or career field.
- Service Member must be within 180 days of approved retirement or separation.
- Participation depends on unit and mission requirements.
If Interested in the DoD SkillBridge - Internship, please complete our Intake Form. The following steps must be completed in order for participant to start an internship opportunity:
- Determine Eligibility by contacting your Education Center and obtaining information on the DoD SkillBridge - Mandatory counseling/briefing and a copy of the Vetting Checklist.
- Explore Internship Opportunities by completing the CareerSource Okaloosa Walton Intake Form and looking at the current internship opportunities (Note: we will contact employers outside of the ones registered to participate).
- Secure Approval from your commander once Vetting Checklist has been completed and signed by provider.
- Begin Training
For questions concerning the DoD SkillBridge - Internship Process, please contact your Education Center.
Companies interested in participating in this program, please complete our Employer Intake Form
For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or Neely Jo Harrington at (850) 833 - 7587 ext. 2113